Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2019 :  19:08:18  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cut front top and took it all the way forward to nose of top base frame, redid the left and right side with carbon. It’s gonna be a great plug.

Edited by - carolina on 06/07/2019 19:13:28
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2019 :  05:52:12  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
8 hours of back surgery yesterday 6th may, i have some titanium now. They have me sitting up in fat back chair w/ice machine.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

USA
6462 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2019 :  08:09:40  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yikes! Heal quickly!
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2019 :  05:35:46  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warren

Yikes! Heal quickly!

———————-
Sunday morning 12th, still here. May get out Monday afternoon. Great crews at this hospital. 90 days plus for muscles to grow back together. Titanium sleeves take place of disc/to fix bone to bone touching. I am now inch taller. I can do light stuff in shop in couple weeks. Thanks.

60 plus stitches out Wednesday morning then heal onward towards one of the finish lines.

Edited by - carolina on 07/26/2019 19:17:13
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2019 :  19:05:44  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Slow work around shop but will pick up on first. I wanta finish rear cowling for 4 wheeler, love the 4 wheeler. Lil later i will work on top/lots of sanding.

Rear cowling mold:

Will make some knee/toe bumps in top like milan.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 07/02/2019 12:22:58
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2019 :  18:56:54  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sittting round. 9” deep cut healing. Deviated septum on Friday left side only. Medicare/plan-F is worth living for.

———
One of 3 epoxy pumps had leak, new epoxy hardner is thin. Found out michael engineering has a $55 valve just for that.
—————
Ordered box of density foam to finish rear cowling plug on 4 wheeler: posted may, still working on this plug for rear cowling, its July 21. Nowhere near finished.

————————————

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 07/21/2019 15:21:37
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  22:59:28  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here’s story about deviated septum surgery 21 june. The new tech is here. I had left & right intake bored out to max. Basically no pain today. Surgery was over at 2:30 est. i changed some gauze few times today watching tv. Less bleeding 5 days later. They have a stint of plastic in each nostril nowdays. Doc took stints out Tuesday, absolutely did not feel him taking them out. So happy. Don’t be scared, if u can’t breathe or sleep,, if ya have medicare/F:)

I have both intakes done 30 years ago, horror story. Then i found it can grow back. Nowdays your family friends can be happy, breathing, sleeping great. It relieves pressures all in there on eye, other sinus, ear, probably brain , inner ear, etc..

From a deplorable, good info.

Test photo size: ALWAYS KEEP YOUR VELOMOBIELS COVERED.

I am working on rear cowling a lil’ every day. Rear cowling is a big chore, but it’s supposed to be because it’s the plug.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 07/05/2019 21:41:02
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2019 :  11:16:20  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a good one I stumbled on: ya know how many aggravating super glues you have bought over the years. Clogged up mess, top will not go back on, etc., well no more.

Well this one is the winner: “RAPID FUSE BY DAP @ lowes or Home Depot/ebay too. Not runny, top always clean,, tip always clean. Do not forget on some projects to mix bakeing soda with it for super strong holds.

Brevity and misspellings rampant
————————

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 07/15/2019 10:03:54
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2019 :  12:21:14  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lord a mercy, been down in here for week. Riding velomobiel again first last night. (Helps back zillion times more than walking).

Molded rear cowling to rear wheel wells then scribed mold:

Rear cowling plug will be worth all the work.
—————————
3 july , worked 7 hours on lower rear cowling today and it looks same as yesterday with a pic.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 07/21/2019 17:57:43
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2019 :  21:36:59  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
20 or more hours on lower part of rear cowling plug. Plug =mold= part.

https://youtu.be/xOZ9GOVGPdg
————————

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2019 :  10:16:15  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Newest kit amp at parts express dotcom. I use exciters (speakers w/no cone) from mouser. German companies with office in Dallas texas. The amp weight is nothing. It is bluetooth.

I use 4 of these Mouser exciters installed on carbon with dow u-428 (ebay). They use the carbon body to make sound. I have had this in yellow velomobiel. My Boise radio is not used anymore for music, just listen to velomobiel.

—————-

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2019 :  10:28:04  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BAFANG 1000 W-HD BATTERY:

My long friend ray and i are making our own batteries nowadays. He want wire one without BMS (battery management system).

I wanted a special one, flat like a huge history book in jr. high. 52v carries in backpack with the new magnetic plug (yea) from ebikeschool channel on youtube. Move battery from 2 wheeler to four wheeler. If ya fall off two wheeler the magnetic plug releases with no damage.

The battery management system board came in and I finished carbon box with 6 rivnuts and screws.

I pulled carbon top yesterday from a 4$ plastic tray from Walmart. With mavcoat release agent on tray (5 coats every 15 minutes).
—————————

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 07/19/2019 18:19:30
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2019 :  10:36:55  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He (ray) made a 3 pack for lights and horn,, and a 6 pack for music system. Both have BMS boards. Six pack runs music, radio, on iPhone in bluetooth all weekend.

————————

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2019 :  20:10:40  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another music system in the second velomobiel/4wheeler. Bluetooth.

https://youtu.be/8tdx9ktbGTI

———————

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 07/16/2019 20:23:32
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2019 :  18:15:26  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I bought a rivnut kit (needed lil care) from ebay, now its great,, i then bought a extra box of many sizes of mm rivnuts/ebay. Then i had a discount at harbor freight on the big yellow/black storage box in photo below. I have rivnuts color-coded and matching drills and reamers for each hole. Velomobiel rivnuts are aluminum. I put lil lanolin on threads of aluminum rivnuts.

—————————-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 07/21/2019 15:27:47
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2019 :  18:23:02  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After few months, designing base plate, measuring zillon times, getting new 10 speed chain,,, i just installed the hilgo velomobiel floor shifter (used DOW u-428/ebay as I always do).

As an experiment to work with the quattrovelo rear-end 10 speed sram. Hope it works, some might want to use it.

Heres short vid of how it works:
https://youtu.be/-LIyl4aGpac

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 07/22/2019 18:25:33
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2019 :  14:10:51  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Difficult experiment but lovin it. Last night late, made a great change. The 1 tiny 11 tooth hilgo chain wheel changed out for short piece of quest chain tube. So smooth now, will help in shifting if ever a way is found. It is a rolhoff twin cable twist grip. No indexing.

This one floor shifter change wasn’t great because this floor shifter is for a 3 wheeler.

Ordered some custom chain wheel bearings for 10mm chain wheel axles. Changing to this wider softer chain wheel i make on my lil mill. Chain moves left and right from under seat. Stock chain wheel to narrow. This should fix that noise. Huge chain wheel axles/10mm,,, front and rear chain wheels.

Been riding lil every day, does pretty good but it’s not a rohloff or pinion.
————————-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 08/02/2019 13:24:24
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2019 :  09:47:43  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Below pics:
Pic1-Shoved 2 inch foam in last night in big hole and covered, this morning, sanded sharp stuff.

Pic2-Now you see block foam inside this morning ready for shaping.

Pic3-Now u see sanded to shape to match other side with white micro.

Working night shifts, all holidays, and all weekends.

Above pic ,, building a lil 2” mold to sit in mold to get left and right angle upslope matching at rear of valley. Its for the 2” rear joggle that accepts the rear cowling of the velomobiel.

13 bondo tiles i put in today, more work at front of chain valley.

I don’t care how long it takes, try to get it perfect: i cut more out today, already filled in.

Symmetrical chain valley at the back at base of bulkhead.
—————————-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 08/13/2019 17:24:19
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2019 :  23:32:42  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Made another lil mold. 14 days probably 1/2 hour per day. Carbon pinion gearbox mount. 2 part split mold.

I had thought about the 4 wheeler. Pinion mounted behind seat on floor with gates belt going back to the quattrovelo rear-end. Chain going forward under seat to crank.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 08/18/2019 14:24:30
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  10:29:58  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OSCILLATING TOOL HEADS WITH MANY SHAPES : soft head, pointed, wide, hard to reach 90 degree areas.

Over the weekend i came up with a newer model of these oscillating tool heads. [“””””Plastic velcro with glue backing takin’ off w/acetone”””].

Then installed on tool head with dow u-428. Dow can take the heat. The expensive sanding paper is expanded see thru type. Tried regular velco, no workee! Plastic velcro takes the heat. I’ve tried different stuff for over a year.

Will report back:

********8/20/2019 update/update: these are bullet proof and holding up great sanding hard stuff (tooling gel coat & epoxy w/cotton flox) with oscillating heat. I have different shaped heads for tight places.

********8/23 update. The yellow pad can bolt to harbor freight metal tool head or go on with the dow u-428. Will not come off either way.

*********8/24 contact cement helped out alot, but still searching for more perfection in the tool heads.

I was glueing blk plastic velcro on with the dow u-428 with half success. Now I switched this part from dow to contact cement. Contact cement is new shop stuff:) it’s performance is good so far. Not many posting stuff like this, not many if any sanding epoxy w/micro balloons. But the harbor freight tool I would not be without.

————————————-
This is the hi-line sand paper i use from auto-body shop supply warehouse. 80 grit MIRKA. It’s great stuff. Goes on the velcro. Sanding epoxy/micro or bondo down in these compound curves is tuff on anything and oscillating cause high heat.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 08/24/2019 21:08:34
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2019 :  10:48:50  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sanding in shop: I built this box with vaccum hose in it. It works great. I can use oscillating tool and keep skim coats of bondo going forward till ready for primer. I can flip box to rear of wheel wells and keep sanding, then move it to rear of the chain valley. I brush dust towards vaccum with paint brush. Shop has A/C, its 90 outside.

When ya brush on some primer ya see ya mistakes:) Spray final coats after wet sanding. This grey is lighter in color. Fills scratches. Its evercoat featherfill.

———————

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 08/24/2019 20:54:33
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2019 :  20:59:08  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The new mod’ed back area now ready for wet sanding and kombi putty. Final coats sprayed and buffed to high gloss. Still work to do in this lil’ area at rear of mold.

———————————

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2019 :  18:43:13  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This mold can make a waw type rear (hard tail or soft-tail),,or regular 3 wheeler swing arm velomobiel,, or the 4wheeler. Back at the hard tail area i wanted more flange. Got on that this morning.

—————

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2019 :  22:38:14  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Trimming was not fun but got er done.

I wanted waw drop out mounting flange flat. Took micro w/epoxy skim coat and laid waxed lexan over that. Flat now in all directions to bolt on WAW aluminum hardtail drop-outs.

——————————

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 08/28/2019 22:40:21
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2019 :  15:51:10  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Worked 4 hours this morning on top and rear cowling. Yep still looks like other photos.

I have huge nose curb clearance on this velomobiel. Needed.

I love the lift i made from harbor freight lawnmower lift. Don’t be without it.

———————————

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 08/30/2019 19:34:23
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2019 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000